CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Festivities

Summertime used to be my favorite time of year, but I am really starting to enjoy Autumn even more. With beautiful weather comes outside activities that we all can enjoy. Last Thursday, our twins playgroup met at the Botanical Gardens. Let me tell you I was in awe of the beauty that this unique and quite large garden had to offer. I am a huge fan of waterfalls and nothing feels more serene that a beautiful waterfall. The Botanical Gardens had a few nice ones as well as many lush flowers and plants. I always imagined myself going when the girls were itty-bitty and simply just sitting on a bench and enjoy the surroundings....but it was a little harder to go out places when they were that small. But I shall dream again when we have another baby someday. Then this Saturday, Jeff's mom, Jeff, Maddison, Cameryn, and myself went to a festival at the Loop. It didn't have as much to offer as I thought it would, but we did get to see the Irish dancers clogging and even saw some Lyrical dances. We also saw musicians playing and a man doing some pretty neat "top spinning" tricks. We walked around and looked at artists jewelry, unique wood working, and paintings. After that we head to Stacy Park and the girls had a blast climbing up slides, swinging on swings, and just running wild. Next weekend, we are walking for the Walk Now for Autism and our community is having a festival and fair. I want to make sure we are taking every advantage of this weather, because too soon we will be stuck inside! We just ordered Halloween costumes and so in no certain order, one will be an angel and the other will be a devil. I hope we are not setting up some bad karma for them as they grow up. haha!

See below for pictures...I couldn't figure out how to attach the slideshow and display it properly...ugg.

1 comments:

Kristy said...

Fall is my favorite time of year! there always seems to be so much to do :) Im glad you are enjoying the season and all that it holds. before we know it fall will be gone and winter will be here!!!