CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When it rains it pours, and it must come in 3's

Yesterday, I think we had about the worst day in a long time!

FIRST-To start out the day...while I was washing my hands and brushing my teeth, Maddison and Cameryn UNLOCKED the safety gate to the stairs. For those of you who have not been in our house, the door is at the bottom and it has more of an open top. I heard a tumble and first thought they were throwing things down the steps (which is an EVERYDAY occurrence). It didn't feel quite right so I started to run and then heard Cameryn crying and I was thinking OH GOD NO NOT THE STEPS! She had just made it to the bottom. She tumbled down 12 wooden steps to a concrete floor. She was crying which was good. We went to the doctors to make sure everything was okay, and praise God it was! Needless to say we will be getting a new gate.


NEXT- We were on our way home from the Chiropractor getting ready to get on the highway and some idiot didn't see us already in the lane and pulled out of the Mid Rivers Mall exit and gunned it straight over to where I was. It hit on Maddison's side. So I hurried to get out of the van to make sure she was okay, meanwhile yelling at the guy. Thank GOD everyone was fine! Thank goodness for our Britax car seats!I called the police and they took our stories. There is quite a bit of damage to my car. I can't open the front passenger door, lots of good size dents, and scratches. The tire is pretty damaged and so I will not be able to drive it safely with the girls and will need to get new car seats.


FINALLY- During dinner Maddison got spaghetti sauce on her shirt so I took the tray off, unbuckled her to get the shirt off (onesie). Then put the tray back on, but didn't buckle her back in. I am sure you all know where this is going. After dinner, I went to dump the excess food into the trash and while I was at the trashcan, she leaned forward and fell out of her highchair face first. OUCH! She cried but she was okay. So after that Jeff said, "Maybe we should all go to bed before anything else happens."
Here is a picture of Cameryn last week. It was morning time and Maddison was awake but Cameryn was fast asleep with her beloved baby and her stuffed animals surrounding her. She looked so peaceful.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW WHAT A SUCLY DAY. I AM GLAD EVERYTHING TURNED OUT OKAY. KEEP THEM SAFE.

Jenny said...

That is suppose to say sucky.

The Garver Family said...

Wow what a day! Glad all is okay!

The Garver Family said...

Our Thanksgiving is all over the place. Wed/part Thurs Hannibal, Columbia Th/Fri, and Jenny's Sat/Sun. We drive back Monday! It's crazy, I know!

Jason said...

sounds like you girls all need to wear crash helmets! glad everyone is ok!