CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The 'C' Word

Well, well, well... when it rains, it pours! I have had skin cancer in the past and have had 5 melanoma's removed with success. I went in to have 3 biopsies done and an exam from my dermatologist. I am ashamed to admit I haven't been in 3 years and I am supposed to go in to get checked every 3 to 6 months. 2 of the biopsies came out in the transitional phase which means they will need to observe it, but the 3rd one came back melanoma and approaching 10 mm which is concerning to them. I went in to see a surgical oncologist on Monday at SLU and I will have surgery Tuesday to remove the cancer and also remove some lymphnodes to test to see if it has spread. I will be there for 8 hours and the biggest thing is...is that I cannot lift or bend for one month! So, taking care of the girls will be interesting and very challenging! SO, now I have to get everything done for the girls birthday party next Friday by Monday. I can't believe they will be 2 years old! They are having a party at Pump It Up, which is the blow up jumping place with lots of 2 year olds running around will sure to be a load of fun!

On another note, my mom is doing well so far. Jeff's mom went over to her house yesterday to shave the rest of her hair off. She is excited to wear her wigs, but sad to see her hair go. Here are some pictures from St. Patty's day at the Park. I could have kicked myself, I totally forgot they had St. Patty's Day outfit...uh well!






















1 comments:

Kristy said...

you will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!! the girls are adorable as always, I can not believe they are already comming up on the big two!! Two years old already! It is just crazy to think about!